Friday, January 11, 2013

Butterfly and Flower Themed Birthday Party

For my girls' first birthday party, I decided to go with a butterfly and flower theme.  Here are some of the things that I made for the girls' party.  It was a lot of fun coming up with ideas!

Invitations

Invitations provide the "first impression" of the party.  Not only do they include the necessary information of where and when the party is, but they also send an indirect message to the recipient regarding the party.   Invitations state the theme of the party, set the primary colors for the party, and set the tone of the party.

I wanted the girls' party to be fun and have a "vibrant" tone.  Here's a photo of the invitations.  I've included a sample photo of the design of the inside of the invitations, too (not the exact ones used for the girls' party, but it's the same idea).  We sell these in our Etsy Shop if you're interested.

Front of Invitations

Inside Design of Invitations


Decorations

The first thing I wanted guests to see when they came to the party was a decorated entryway.  Here's how I decorated to make sure the guests knew they were at the right place!


Guests were greeted with balloons and a sign that said "Butterfly Kisses and Birthday Wishes," which went well with the pink and purple favor boxes filled with Hershey Kisses.  To complement the favor boxes, I included Butterfly Confetti in various colors as well as handmade Japanese origami flowers (tutorial here).  I made the girls a Custom Triangle Banner, complete with their names and pictures of butterflies to finish the entry way.

In our house, we also have a fireplace, which was begging for some birthday decorations.  I made a second Custom Triangle Banner for the mantle.  I also framed two digital prints that I made for each girl, which included their names and birth information.


I thought it would be fun to summarize the girls' first year with a bunch of photos that we've taken throughout their first year.  I lined our wall with six poster boards full of memories from our first year.  Guests loved looking at the photos and seeing how much the girls have grown!


We also had a butterfly themed cake and two smash cakes for the girls to dig into.  Lots of appetizers, food, cake, and cookies!  The girls had a great time, and I want to extend a big thank you to all of the guests who spoiled the girls with lots of presents!  Speaking of thank you's, here are the "thank you" cards I designed for the girls' party.  I ended up having to send simpler thank you notes than these due to a three-week cold that was passed around our family.  I wish I had the time to make these butterfly cards instead of the ones I sent!



What are some of your favorite birthday party ideas and themes?  Please feel free to comment below!

Happy 1st Birthday Haley and Hannah!





No comments:

Post a Comment