Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Twin's 2nd Birthday Party - Minnie Mouse Themed Birthday Party

Well, it's that time of the year!  Time for the twin's birthday party!  For their 2nd birthday party, we did a Minnie Mouse theme, since they absolutely love Minnie.  Here are the details of the party from the invitations, to food and decorations.  I hope you like everything we did!

I decided to pick baby pink, white, silver, and black as the colors for the party.  Once I chose the colors, I designed the invitation.  I started with baby pink cardstock and layered silver and black shimmery cardstock.  I wrapped ribbon around the white center with the party's information and included a rhinestone buckle for some extra sparkle.  I also added two rhinestones to the top near the girls' names.  The girls loved them!  (I may have to add something similar to the shop!)


As for the decorations, we stuck with the baby pink, white, silver, and black colors.  When you walked into our house, I had a table with the party favors.  The red/black ones were for the boys, and the pink/silver ones were for the girls.  I made a few banners on pink and shimmery white cardstock as well as a sign for the mirror.  Some balloons, pink and white tablecloths, and Mickey/Minnie shaped confetti cutouts completed the front door setup.



In one of the other rooms, I set up a few activities for the kids.  One was a foam sticker table where the kids could make their own foam "piece of art" with their name to take home.  It ended up being a perfect place for the kids to keep busy while guests arrived before we served the food.





I also set up a "kid's raffle" where each kids could write their name on two tickets and select their favorite gift basket.  After opening presents, we picked names for each prize!


I also made some banners for our fireplace as well as some more happy birthday signs to add some more decorations.



We set up a dessert table with some cupcakes, cookies, and a Minnie Mouse inspired cake, which I made very late the night before the party!



I hope everyone had a great time at the party!  A big thank you to everyone who joined us to celebrate the girls' special day!





No comments:

Post a Comment